5/05/2006

God's answered prayer

True Story

After Mass last Sunday a family and went to the community hall in the basement of their church for a lumpia and pancit lunch. While eating, a lady(who had done the readings at Mass earlier), came to a man and asked, "is that your son?" and she points out his son walking around. He was in the process of playing some sort of hide-n-seek game or keep away with a 2-3 year old. The Dad replied in the affirmitive expecting to be told that his son was disturbing her or had bumped her or something. She then says that she will call his son Levi because he listens to God. Now the man was intrigued. She then proceeded to tell him this story.
"I have been lectoring for years. As long as I have been lectoring, I would go to my husband after Mass and ask him how well I had read (she had a slight eastern European accent). This has always been very important to me because I don't want to read if I'm not doing a good job and people aren't understanding me. But, now my husband is nearly deaf and he can't hear me so I don't have anyone to ask how I'm reading. I was sitting here thinking to myself and talking with God, that I will just have to trust God that I am doing a good enough job. If I'm not, He would just have to let me know somehow. A few minutes later the your son walked up to me and said, (the son) "aren't you the lady who did the readings today at church?"
"Yes I am" said the lady
"I thought so, you did a really good job" says the son.

Needless to say, the lady was very touched by the sons kindness. She was also very fortified in her faith because God answered her prayer in such a beautiful and personal way. The Mom and Dad were also very pleased and proud. How humbling to be reminded that their son is God's son first.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey

Today is the Day Jimmy and I go on our fishing trip.

I have prayed that jim catches lots of fish to make up for the fact that--- last year when he caught his first fish, it got chopped up in the boats prop and all that was left was the lips.

He asked me if we could still eat it anyway---Poor kid.

I'll call when we get back.

M.J.D