5/18/2006

American Idol

What is it about American Idol? I feel like such a slave to pop culture and I'm loathe to admit it but, I love American Idol. I've watched the current season form the beginning. I was a big Paris fan and a big Taylor Hicks fan from the get go. I liked Paris because her speaking voice was small and squeeky, then she would sing in a big Motown type voice and just blow you away. She is one 17 year old who has a big future in the industry. Then Taylor was just like some type of throwback to 60's soul or 30's, 40's, and 50's standards, he even moves like Joe Cocker. I like them because they aren't like the pop cookie cutter stars who all sound the same. Maybe the Spears and Aguilera type stars are going away. My friends all make fun of me for being a fan of the show. Maybe I've been duped by the TV industry. I don't know, but oh well...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to watch 'American Idol' all the way through. I like NCIS. Why? Because I like heroes. I like to watch men who are willing to risk their own welfare/safety in order to rescue another. And when their heroic deed is done, they go back to their lives without searching for or requiring kudos/applause.

.... Or do I just get discouraged when I hear others who can sing far better than I, and this is all blah blah? Well... When God calls me Home, I'm going to hang out with J.S. Bach, play duets with him and sing in perfect alto harmony.

ADD

Anonymous said...

Easy Baghdaddy,

It's intolerant wright wing wackos like you that make life so hard for us progressives (me and pyro) that is.

Be green.

Peace dude!

Anonymous said...

I don't know... between Baghdaddy's 'your' (you're) and Anonymous' 'wright' (right), I wonder that either risk sharing their thoughts in written form.

But, then again, my verbal retorts are generally fumbled.

ADD