4/25/2007

Sheryl Crow, Can You Spare a Square?

This is gonna be short and sweet. It has been reported over the last week that Sheryl is encouraging everyone to cut back on their toilet paper usage. I suspect this is to save on the environmental impact of manufacturing and disposing of toilet paper/bathroom tissue. Sheryl said this, "I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

Now, I commend her on the motive behind her proposal. Without getting in to what my late Grandmother termed "barn talk" I say this to Sheryl. I'm a man, you are not. I have hair on my... chest, you do not. Don't tell me what I should do until you've... walked a mile in my shoes.

It's stupid statements like Sheryl's that cause clear thinking people to discount everything they hear coming from celebrities.

Pyro

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one square thing really works!---but of course you first must fold it into itself twice then tear off the unfolded corner, unfold the tissue than insert your longest finger into the hole created in the tissue before using the tissue. Check it out!
Uncle

Anonymous said...

I just tried that and I must be doing something wrong! I had to spend an extra amount of time washing my hands afterwards.

Pyro

Warren said...

T.P. is disgusting anyways. Would you stick your hands in mud ,then wipe them on a paper towel and call the hands clean? One square or fifty, you ain't getting clean.

I'm just sayin', is all.

Shower or Bidet, now there's a civilized idea. :-)

+W+

Pyrosapien said...

Well said UltraC!

John C. Hathaway said...

Now, given the other Sheryl Crow controversy, I spent more time thinking about this than I really wanted to, and I had to wonder if maybe this *is* a gender thing?
Just to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she's talking about women when they go #1?